Reading Profile

 I like to read just about anything. If I had to pick a genre, I would say that mystery is my favorite. In the book Reader Advisory's Guide to Genre, quite a few mystery books also can be described as Adrenaline books. To quote: "Adrenaline describes fast-paced novels designed to quickly capture and sustain reader interest through action filled plots and tense atmospheres." (pg. 3). I agree with this description. My favorite books by Janet Evanovich are her Stephanie Plum novels. The plot moves very fast and they are the type of books that keep me up at night instead of going to sleep. 

I also like to read romance novels. Happy endings are my favorite. For a little extra spice, Connie Mason books describe intimate details very clearly. Nora Roberts can get a little spicy too. I've started reading Lucy Score books recently as they are free on Kindle Unlimited. She isn't as graphic with intimate details as the others, but her books have interesting plots just the same. 


References

Wyatt, N., & Saricks, J. G. (2019). The Readers' Advisory Guide to Genre Fiction. 

Comments

  1. Hi Jennifer! I LOVE Lucy Score! She is one of my favorite authors. I actually got to attend one of her book signings last year and it was awesome. Which of her books is your favorite so far? I think my favorite of hers right now is Rock Bottom Girl. I really like her first book in the Knockemout series too. I think since you like Lucy Score you might also like Claire Kingsley. I found them both on KU around the same time and have read almost everything they have ever written. Or at least everything that I can get through KU and the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! I've seen a lot about Lucy Score's Knockemout series, and have been thinking about reading them. Have you read them, and if you have, would you recommend?

    I also love to read romance books. Do you prefer historical romance or modern romances? I always love hearing which one people prefer and why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the first book in the Stephanie Plum series and it was a lot of fun! Great reading profile - I also love your other two blog posts talking about some of your other favorite titles!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Book Club Experience

Secret Shopper