Week Three Prompt

 

1.       I am looking for a book by Laurell K. Hamilton. I just read the third book in the Anita Blake series and I can’t figure out which one comes next!

 

The next book after Circus of the Damned is The Lunatic Café.

 

2.       What have I read recently? Well, I just finished this great book by Barbara Kingsolver, Prodigal Summer. I really liked the way it was written, you know, the way she used language. I wouldn't mind something a bit faster paced though.

 

Have you tried The Covenant of Water? The book follows three generations of a family through unthinkable changes.

 

3.       I like reading books set in different countries. I just read one set in China, could you help me find one set in Japan? No, not modern – historical. I like it when the author describes it so much it feels like I was there!

How about you try the book The Teahouse Fire by Ellis Avery. The book takes place in the late nineteenth century in Japan.

4.       I read this great mystery by Elizabeth George called Well-Schooled in Murder and I loved it. Then my dentist said that if I liked mysteries I would probably like John Sandford, but boy was he creepy I couldn't finish it! Do you have any suggestions?

 

I  would like to suggest the book A Share in Death by Deborah Crombie. There is 19 books in the series. So, if you like book one, then you will have several more to enjoy.

 

5.       My husband has really gotten into zombies lately. He’s already read The Walking Dead and World War Z, is there anything else you can recommend?

 

I recommend trying Zombie, Ohio: A Tale of the Dead by Scott Kenemore. There are three books in the series. It is a fun book series because they are based in the Midwest.

 

6.       I love books that get turned into movies, especially literary ones. Can you recommend some? Nothing too old, maybe just those from the last 5 years or so.

 

How about the The Ballard of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins. The book is a prequel to the Hunger Games. If you like the book, you can read book 1 of the series and watch the movies.

 

7.       7. I love thrillers but I hate foul language and sex scenes. I want something clean and fast paced.

 

A series I would like to recommend is the Joe Pickett series by C.J. Box. It is fast paced without the sex and cussing. Also, Paramount + made a TV series on the books.

I like to use Goodreads and simple Google searches to find Read A Like books. Sometimes Amazon has good suggestions as well.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Book Club Experience

Reading Profile

Secret Shopper