Week 13 Young Adult Annonation

 


Title: A Court of Silver Flames

Author: Sarah Maas

Genre: Young Adult

Publishing Date: September 2022

Time Period: 1600’s

Geographical Setting: Prythian Faeririe Lands

Pages: 784

 

Plot Summary

Nesta must go on a journey to find magical objects to save her sister. Along the way she finds love and passion. Cassian is her enemy put the anger turns to a fiery love affair.  Come along for the ride as Nesta battles good and evil.  

 

Subject Headings

Magic

Family 

Fairies

Romance

 

Appeal

Pacing: Starts slow. Picks up in the middle.

Tone: Passionate. Nesta cares deeply for her family. 

Characterization: In the voice of Nesta. 

Language: English

 

3 Term Subscription

Passionate

Sexy

Adventurous 

 

Similar Books



Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros 

Violent was looking forward to having a quiet life as a librarian. The General has decided that she must join the academy of dragon riders. Now, she is just trying to survive and not be incinerated by her dragon. 



Divine Rivals by Rebecca Ross

Winnow is just trying to survive a war between the Gods. Her brother goes missing on the front lines of the battle. She writes letters to her brother that disappear under the wardrobe. Turns out they are being read by Roman Kitt. Perhaps love will blossom in the middle of the war. 




The Serpent and the Wings of Night by Carissa Broadbent

Oraya is the human daughter of Nightborn the Vamipre King. On her own now she must learn to survive in a vampire’s world. 






Comments

  1. Hi Jennifer!

    I have been wanting to read the ACOTAR series for such a long time now. I think I have had A Court of Thorns and Roses sitting on my shelf since I was 15. I know that there is so much hype around the series, so I am wondering what your own personal opinion is on the books?

    Also, I did my annotation over Divine Rivals! I was going to put ACOTAR as a similar novel, but I ended up going with other novels. I really enjoyed Divine Rivals, so I am only assuming that I would love this series as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Profile

My Book Club Experience

Week 6 Prompt