Week 15 Prompt

 3 Ideas to Promote Your Fiction Collection


My favorite way to get the word out on fiction books at the library is of course the display. There are so many different ways you can put together a display. You can get your craft skills on and really get creative. Here are a few of my favorite ones I found online. 

 










The second idea that I like is posting on social media. As E Books are becoming more and more popular, less people are coming into the library to see your displays. You can make creative posts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, on new releases, holiday books, popular reads, etc. 

Here is an example:




Third, you can create book talk videos. You can post on the library website, social media, and You Tube. I think it would be fun to have like a podcast video with two librarians discussing the lasts new read. 







Comments

  1. I like that you mention the rise in e-books creating less interactions with physical library displays. Social media could be a way to both promote these displays while also promoting the books themselves. Depending on resources, libraries could even create lists on their catalog sites of the books that go in displays (for titles available as e-books at least) to accompany social media posts to further promote these types of displays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of having a podcast is really fun! Not only does it promote the book but it allows the librarians to go into detail why they recommend it. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the idea of having a podcast or something similar is a great one! My library typically has a Staff Picks section and I can see this idea incorporating well there, maybe you could incorporate QR codes or something similar to have on display and link directly to a books' corresponding soundbite/episode?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Profile

My Book Club Experience

Week 6 Prompt